If you would like to be featured on Badilisha Poetry X-change, then please submit your MP3 and biographical information for consideration.
We don’t charge a fee for submissions to Badilisha Poetry X-change. Before submitting your poems, please read our selection criteria.
- poem in text and mp3 audio format
- profile picture
- website/blog/facebook/myspace link
You can submit your poetry using one of four methods:
- Upload the MP3 file, and your information, in the form to the right.
- By sending your MP3 via Yousendit
- Send it via email
- Post a CD of your poem
Remember, with all means of delivery, you will need to fill out the form, send us your biographical information and give Badilisha broadcasting permission to use your material.
- Upload your poetry using the form:
On the right of the screen is a web form. Fill out the form to submit your poetry. This process expects that you have an MP3 file either on your computer or on a portable hard-drive. Use the form to link this MP3 file using the ‘Linked MP3 file’ button. If you don’t have an MP3, please consider using one of the other options below. Be sure to fill out the form completely.
Please note: copying your MySpace url is not appropriate, as your poetry cannot be downloaded from this page.
- Sending a large file via www.yousendit.com
Some recordings are larger than the 2 megabyte limit set for each upload on the form. If your recording is larger than 2MB, then fill out the form on the right, and upload the tracks using www.yousendit.com. This is a free service that will allow you to upload your file directly to us. Please be sure to add your full name and contact details in the YouSendIt message field. The email address for delivery is: email@example.com
- Sending via Email
If you would rather use email, please fill out and submit the form on the left, and then send the MP3/s directly to Mishka Hoosen-Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send only 1 MP3 per email to ensure that files are clearly identifiable and unlikely to result in timeouts during downloading. Please be sure to add your full name and contact details in the email message field.
- Submitting via CD
If you cannot use any of the above methods, you are always welcome to post CDs of your work directly to us. Be sure to include an e-mail address and phone number where we can contact you. The postal address is:
THE PRESENTER: BADILISHA POETRY RADIO
C/O THE AFRICA CENTRE, 5th FLOOR, 28 ST GEORGE’S MALL
CAPE TOWN, 8000, SOUTH AFRICA
Selection Criteria for Featured Poets:
- The poet must be African or be part of the African Diaspora.
- The poem and the vocal delivery must both be of a high standard.
- The poetry must be submitted as a high-quality recording. These can be recorded as a live performance, as long as the sound quality is not compromised.
- Poetry backed by music is welcomed, but the poet’s voice and poetry content must be the core focus. If the piece is more “sung” than “spoken”, it is likely to be more appropriate for a music platform than this poetry portal.
- We encourage you to make more than one submission, and if possible including entire poetry albums as this helps when selecting poems that are best suited to our programme format.
- Poetry in any language is welcomed. If your poetry is written or recited in a language other than English however, please submit an English translation of the text.